Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update (at long last!)

So sorry for no updates... no time to hunt out a computer and even then internet access is sketchy.  (Thanks to my mom for getting this update up.)

Training Camp
  Who says I am a girly girl!  Not any longer.  My parents dropped me off in a hay field in 90 degree heat.  No buildings, no air, no mirrors, no electrical outlets.  For two weeks (in 90 degree heat) I slept on the ground, used porta potties cooked outdoors, did my laundry outdoors, brushed my teeth outdoors....and oh yeah, took one shower a week!  Everything we did was designed to make us all on the same level as a team...plus students going to third world countries do not get shower much so it is good practice. (Everyone reeks so you don't even mind after a while)   Training camp was intense....lots of physical stuff, spiritual stuff and worship.  The first week was just the staff disciplers so we worked to get ready for the high schoolers.  My ministry on this trip is not only to Ireland, but to the high schoolers I am discipling..  I had a little trouble at first because the heat combined with my medicine made me not eat which drove my blood sugar really low.  Solved that problem by keeping food in my pack to eat throughout the day.  I have learned to love roughing it.  One thing I will never learn to love......malt-o-meal.  We have it everyday for breakfast.  Here are few shots of training camp.

Tent City

Meal Time
Prayer Time
Large Group Teaching Time
Team Building
The Trough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some encouragement...thoughts...questions....